SUPER QUICK WEEKNIGHT STIR FRY
By Clea Grady of Veganuary
When you're exhausted at the end of the day, this is a winner! Flavour-packed, filling and healthy.
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Tamari/soy sauce
- A teaspoon of chopped ginger
- A good sprinkle of cayenne pepper or chili powder
- 1/2 packet of frozen edamame beans
- 1 pack of stir fry vegetable mix (I use Ocado's which has pak choy, corn, broccoli and snow peas/mange tout)
- 1/2 packet of kale
- 1 pack of marinated tofu (I use Cauldron)
- Pour boiling water into a pan, put on a low heat and chuck in your edamame beans (these need approx. 5 minutes to cook and should only be on a simmer, never a boil).
- In a fry pan, add some olive oil and put on a medium heat.
- Chop up your onion and throw in the pan.
- Chop/mince your garlic and ginger and add to the pan after a minute or two.
- Add a good shake or two of cayenne pepper/chili powder and stir well.
- Add a generous splash or two of soy sauce and mix.
- Wash the stir fry mix and add to the pan, stir well.
- Wash the kale, roughly chop and add to the pan. Mix in well so that the kale is combined in with the veggies.
- The edamame beans should be ready now, so drain into a colander and set aside.
- If the kale is starting to wilt and darken in colour, open the tofu and chuck into the pan. Mix well.
- Add the edamame beans and stir in well.
- Serve and eat without hesitation!
Makes 2 Servings