COCONUT BROWN RICE AND QUINOA BOWL
By Alina Z.
This dish is a perfect way to satisfy that warm comfort-food craving. As a bonus, coconut oil will help boost your metabolism!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red pepper, shredded
- 1/2 cup kale, shredded
- 1/2 cup large coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon mineral salt
- 1-2 teaspoons apple cider rice vinegar to taste
- Brown chopped garlic and ginger in a pan with oil. Add all the vegetables and sauté for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add quinoa, chickpeas and coconut flakes.
- Season with salt and apple cider vinegar to taste.