RED VELVET SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE
By Elise Museles of Kale and Chocolate
This flavorful treat tastes like a frozen red velvet cupcake (sort of) but without the refined flour, eggs, sugar, and red dye. For all you chocoholics who want to channel your addiction in a healthy way, this extra thick & creamy sweet smoothie is the perfect dessert or afternoon pick-me-up.
- 1 cup almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 large ripe banana, frozen & sliced
- 1½ cups frozen raspberries
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 2 dates, pitted, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: for extra protein, 2 tablespoons hemp seeds or chocolate protein powder
- Fresh raspberries
- Cacao nibs/chocolate shavings
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender until thick and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and top with berries & cacao nibs. Sip. Savor. Enjoy!