CREAMY TURMERIC LATTE
By Elise Museles of Kale and Chocolate
Turmeric is the vibrant orange-yellow spice affectionately known as the magic sword against inflammation, birthed in India and crowned centuries ago as one of the great dosha balancers in ayurvedic medicine. With all the healing benefits, you can taste the inherent goodness with each sip.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh turmeric root, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root (or 1 teaspoon ground)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- Raw honey or stevia to taste
- Gently warm the almond or coconut milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Do not boil.
- Add turmeric, ginger and cinnamon.
- Next, combine coconut oil with nut milk and heat together until melted.
- Use a wire whisk or immersion blender to create a foam.
- Continue to stir until frothy and heated through.
- Stir in honey or stevia to taste. Enjoy!