BLUEBERRY CASHEW BUCKWHEAT GRANOLA
By Elise Museles of Kale and Chocolate
Despite its name, buckwheat is actually a fruit seed, not a grain! It also happens to add a nice crunchy texture in granola. Filled with protein, good for you carbs and healthy fats, this granola is perfect any time of day when you need an energizing and decadently delicious meal or snack that will keep your blood sugar steady and balanced. Serve with DIY nut milk, layered in parfaits or on it’s own by the handful.
- ½ cup cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup buckwheat
- 1 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dried blueberries (reserve until the end)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small pot, gently heat cashew butter and coconut oil. Remove from stove when the mixture becomes liquefied. Once slightly cooled, add in maple syrup and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (oats, buckwheat, cashews, and sea salt). Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and press down with a spatula. Bake in oven for 25-28 minutes, stirring once after 15 minutes. For clumpier granola, only lightly stir with a wooden spoon. Remove from oven when slightly browned. Allow granola to cool and crisp up. Once cooled, add the dried blueberries. Enjoy!