We are thrilled to announce the first ever Reducetarian Summit, which will complement The Reducetarian Solution and bring together perspectives and technologies from all corners of the world to explore how to create a more equitable, compassionate and sustainable food system.
The central question of the 2017 Reducetarian Summit is: "How do we as individuals, organizations, communities, and societies work to systematically decrease meat consumption?”
We will examine a bit of the “why,” but focus heavily on the “how.” By bringing together hundreds of people from all areas of the reducetarian movement, this conference will take a deeper dive into possible solutions for pushing the needle on meat consumption.
The Summit will include high-profile speakers and moderators, workshops, breakout sessions, and panel discussions, multiple networking opportunities, and delicious meals sponsored by fresh&co.
- A Broken Food System: How does conventional animal agriculture impact our world?
- Changing Attitudes and Behaviors: How can we leverage mass communications tools and strategic messaging?
- The Rise of Conscious Capitalism: What role do corporations play in reducing societal meat consumption?
- The Politics of Meat: What legislative and regulatory measures can we implement?
- The Plant-Based Revolution: What is the future of plant-based foods in terms of its diversity, accessibility and marketability?
- Innovations in Food Manufacturing: What are the opportunities and challenges associated with culturing meat?
- The Culinary Scene: How can chefs, restaurant owners, and other food-service industry leaders push plant-based eating forward?
- Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship: What is the role of impact investing in creating a better capital market?
- Effective Altruism: Given limited resources, how can we use data and reason to monitor and evaluate our results?
- The Economy of Meat: How can we internalize the external costs of factory farming?
- Broadening the Movement: How can we scale efforts locally, domestically, and internationally?
Summit: May 20th-21st, 9am - 6pm
Registration: May 20th, 8am - 9am
New York University, Manhattan NY (40 Washington Square South, New York 10012)
We have reserved a block of hotel rooms for anyone wishing to take advantage of a group rate at the Courtyard Marriott New York Manhattan/SoHo. This hotel is located at 181 Varick St, New York, NY 10014, about a 10 minute walk from the conference venue.
Our first hotel room block has been filled, but you can still book a room at a discounted group rate of $349/night by calling 800-321-2211 and mentioning The Reducetarian Summit group at booking, or by booking directly online through The Reducetarian Summit Second Room Block. This discounted rate is limited, but other hotels near the conference venue include:
(To be considered for Partial or full financial assistance through our scholarship program, please click here.)
For more info, or to inquire about sponsorship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.