SWEET 'N' SRIRACHA BRUSSELS SPROUTS
By Jenny Warshafsky
It seems like the list of reasons to eat brussels sprouts grows longer every day. At the top of the list for me is that they are delicious! This five-ingredient side dish is so easy that it may soon become a staple at your dinner table. The only trick is to eat them as soon as they’re ready, which has never been a problem in my house!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 3 T tasteless oil of choice (or olive oil)
- 2 T agave (or honey)
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash, trim, halve, and dry brussels sprouts
- In a small mixing bowl, toss brussels sprouts with the 3 T of oil; reserve the mixing bowl for later
- Spread brussels sprouts cut side down on a small baking sheet and bake on the top rack of your preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until significant browning has occurred
- Meanwhile, combine the agave, sriracha sauce, and salt in the mixing bowl
- Once crisp, remove the brussels sprouts from the oven and toss in the sauce immediately before serving. The longer the sprouts are in the sauce, the less crispy they will be!