THE BEST SIMPLE SMOOTHIE EVER
By Clea Grady of Veganuary
Frozen berries are a great secret smoothie weapon! Not only are they so much cheaper and longer-lasting than buying fresh (for smoothie making), but they make the smoothie lovely and chilled, so it’s a win/win all round. You’ll find bags of these at any supermarket, and can get a mixed berry bag or entire bags of blueberries, raspberries etc. Blueberries are especially great since they’re delicious and full of antioxidants, including vitamin K.
Smoothies are great, but not everyone has an endless budget or an enormous fridge for a zillion ingredients. So this a 'go-to', easy, yummy smoothie, where the only effort is cleaning out the blender.
- Plant milk of your choice - just under a large glass full
- A handful of frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of dairy free yoghurt (Alpro Vanilla is great)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Put everything into a blender, beginning with the milk to stop anything from sticking to the sides.
- Blend, adding more berries for a thicker smoothie.
- Pour and enjoy!