MEATLESS MEXICAN PLATE
By Clea Grady of Veganuary
I love Mexican food, and I like to eat all my favourite things on one plate! This is great served with flour or corn tortillas, tacos, or just on its own.
- Black Rice
- 1 can of refried beans
- Chilli Non Carne
- 2 ripe avocados
- Red onion (about half a small one)
- Stalk of spring onion
- 1 x red chilli
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- Juice of about half a lemon
- Salt and cracked pepper
- 1 part rice to 2 parts water, bring to boil.
- Turn down and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Mash up 2 ripe avocados with a fork.
- Finely dice some red onion (about half a small one) and a stalk of spring onion – add to bowl.
- Finely dice one red chilli (up to you if you keep the seeds or not!) – add to bowl.
- Chop up about 6-8 cherry tomatoes into little pieces (in half and then in half again at least) – add to bowl.
- Squeeze in the juice of about half a lemon – do this to taste. You can always add more lemon, so start off with a little first.
- Salt and cracked pepper.