CHIK’N, CASHEW, AND MUSHROOM KORMA
By Sally Thompson of Veganuary
This meal makes is a delicious take on the creamy classic! Opt for chicken or plant-based Quorn chicken style pieces if on a meatless day.
- 1 white onion, diced
- 8 chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large handful of cashews
- 1 ½ packs of vegan Quorn chicken style pieces
- ½ sweet red pepper
- Handful of sliced spinach
- 1 Sainsbury’s Korma curry paste
- ½ carton Alpro single cream
- Pinch of chilli
- Drizzle of agave syrup
- Sprinkle of desiccated coconut
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Lightly fry onion, mushrooms, pepper, cashews and chicken style pieces for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add seasonings and curry paste.
- Add single cream and water.
- Add spinach.
- Simmer for a further 10 – 15 minutes, adding water if required.
- Serve with rice and pita.
Makes 4 Servings