By Clea Grady of Veganuary
Looking for a replacement filling for tuna sandwiches? Then look no further. This will totally hit the spot. And if you're not a sandwich fan, then this is also just great on it's own. Ideal for packed lunches, or alongside other salads at dinner.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 carrot (large) grated
- 2 stalks of spring onion, finely chopped
- Half a small red onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 big gherkins, chopped
- Vegan mayo
- Japanese Ume Plum Seasoning (just a few shakes... I use the Clearspring brand)
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Wash and drain the chickpeas and pour into a good sized bowl.
- Add all other veggie ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Add a good squirt of mayo and mix. You may wish to add more after mixing – it really is a case of personal taste.
- Add a couple shakes of the plum seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Serve on its own, or between slices of crusty bread or sliced bread toast. Add lettuce or rocket, tomato, even a slice of cheese if you feel like it.