KALE & CHOCOLATE SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE
By Elise Museles of Kale and Chocolate
Eat your kale…and your chocolate, too! This nutrient-dense, refreshing and gorgeous green smoothie will provide balance (and energy) during the day.
- 6-8 ounces cashew milk
- 1 cup kale, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, loosely packed
- 1 banana, sliced & frozen
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter (almond butter works too)
- ¼ avocado
- 1 pinch Himalyan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon spirulina (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Toppings: cacao nibs, fresh mint sprig
- Blend nut milk and kale in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Add in banana, cashew butter, avocado, mint and sea salt. Blend.
- Mix in cacao nibs and spirulina (optional) and blend quickly (about 10 seconds).
- Pour into a glass and top with more cacao nibs and a sprig of mint. Sip, savor & enjoy!